I am one of the co-founders of Presentation Guru, a digital magazine for public speaking professionals.
This post is part of a series designed to share the great content on Presentation Guru with the Manner of Speaking community.
Used properly, humour is a powerful tool that can benefit speakers in several ways:
- It creates a bond between the speaker and the audience.
- It energizes people and keeps them engaged.
- It can provide emotional relief.
- It helps the audience remember your points.
- It leaves the audience with a good impression of the speaker.
To see three examples of humour being used in a speech or presentation, and to learn ten tips for using humour effectively, head over to this post that I wrote for Presentation Guru.