Quotes for Public Speakers (No. 136) – Dianna Booher

Dianna Booher – American Author, Consultant and Speaker

“If you can’t write your message in a sentence, you can’t say it in an hour.

— Dianna Booher

Photo courtesy of Booher Communications

This entry was posted in Quotes for Public Speakers and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Quotes for Public Speakers (No. 136) – Dianna Booher

1. Pingback: 12+ ways to be remembered when you present (F!RST framework – part 3) | Remote Possibilities

2. Pingback: SKMurphy, Inc. » Quotes fo Entrepreneurs–June 2013

3. Another take on the importance of simple explanations:

“If you can’t explain something to a six-year-old, you don’t understand it fully yourself.” (Einstein)

PS – That quote is not guaranteed 100% accurate; but that’s OK, according to our National (UK) Treasure Stephen Fry. He says that it’s OK to get quotations slightly wrong, because it shows you’re quoting from your memory and you didn’t just look it up online or in a dictionary of quotes.

Great quote, Michael. Thanks for sharing. And I am a big Stephen Fry fan so supporting words from him score big points with me.

4. michaelplatania says:

I could almost see someone being introduced to give an hour long speech on simplicity and clarity, walking up to the podium, giving that quote, and than sitting back down.

That would certainly make an impression, Michael! People who can express themselves eloquently and simply have my admiration and respect.

5. What a great quote! I’ve added it to my collection.

(Most presenters forget that you need to be able to summarise any *slide* in just 1 sentence, too: http://remotepossibilities.wordpress.com/2011/12/31/minimise-blur-firstframework-part-1m/#one_thought )

6. mikeschultz says:

Reblogged this on Brinker Toastmasters.

7. Yes, Kudos …

I interviewed Dianna Booher for my Podcast Show #016 – http://www.tdktalks.com/2010/12/01/show-016-a-mentor-you-can-rely-on-an-interview-with-ms-dianna-booher-2

Thoroughly enjoyed speaking with her. She has a wealth of resources & has written many good books on communications topics. 😉

Thanks, Terry. Yes, she certainly has done a lot, and she is spot on with this quote.

• TDKtalks says:

Hi John. I enjoyed your write-up of your competition in Poznan.

A good cycling friend of ours is finishing his 3rd year of med school in Poznan. He and his dad and I cycle with alot & will be cycling our 2nd GranFondo in Penticton on July 8. Weather in AB just sucks this year. Lots of rain, wind & very cool days – still wear arm/leg warmers ;(

Enjoy you posts & read as many as I can 😉

TDK

Thanks very much for the comment, Terry. Much appreciated. Great that you’re a cyclist. Me too! Over here in Europe where I live (just outside Geneva) it is a cyclist’s paradise: long flat rides; nice rolling terrain; and of course, the huge mountain climbs. I have managed to do 15 or so of the big climbs they do on the Tour de France – a fantastic experience. Perhaps you’ll get to cycle over here one day. Let me know if you do.