Toast of the Wild East is a podcast for ambitious Toastmasters who are looking for ways to raise their public speaking game. From Prague, past Toastmasters District Director Lukas Liebich interviews guests around the world. Together, they explore the ways in which people can make an impact with speaking, leading and helping others grow.
It was a pleasure to be interviewed by Lukas. In fact, we enjoyed the interview so much that we ended up recording enough material for two episodes. Here is the link for Part 1. In this episode, we discuss a lot of things, including
- My journey from being a lawyer to becoming a professional speaker
- My experience with Toastmasters
- Recommendations on how people should use Toastmasters
- My process whenever I prepare for a speech or presentation
- Thinking about the audience
- Starting a blog and sticking to it for 13 years
- Giving a speech vs. recording a YouTube video
Again, here is the link for Part 1 of my interview.
I will do another post when Lukas has published Part 2 of our interview. In the meantime, here is a preview of some of the things that we discuss:
- Extroverts and introverts in public speaking
- How Rhetoric – The Public Speaking Game helps people relax into giving speeches
- Different ways to practice public speaking
- How improv improves your public speaking
- First steps for a future public speaker