As the clock winds down on 2019 and we enter a new year and a new decade, I wanted to share six posts from the past to inspire your speaking in 2020.
- If you think that your speeches and presentations can’t have a major impact, think again. That’s what the ripple effect is all about.
- Public speaking is a scary proposition for many people, but there are some speaking situations that make us more nervous than others. The public speaking fear grid examines those situations based on two variables: the size of the audience; and how well the speaker knows the audience members. The post then offers two dozen ideas for how to address those situations that make you the most nervous.
- A public speaking lesson in a pot of clay is a simple story about a pottery class that contains an important truth on how to become a better speaker.
- Finally, here are three posts from three previous New Year’s Eves: 2011, 2014 and 2018. Combined, they contain 70 ideas for your public speaking. Those ideas are just as valid for 2020 as they were in the past.
- 50 New Year’s resolutions for public speakers
- 15 reasons to give a speech
- Five resolutions to make you a better speaker
You should be able to find one or two ideas to help you with your public speaking in 2020. Happy New Year and best of luck with your speaking.