- 3,384,961 including you!
What are you looking for?
Don't miss a single post!
My TEDx Talk
Public Speaking Checklist
What people are reading
- The Gettysburg Address: An Analysis
- Five Characteristics You Need to Succeed as a Public Speaker
- PowerPoint Math: The 1-6-6 Rule
- Analysis of a speech by Oprah Winfrey
- Go to Black
- Podium vs. Lectern
- Speeches from Film: The Pursuit of Happyness
- Rhetorical Devices: Hypophora
- Rhetorical Devices: Tricolon
- Rhetorical Devices: Anaphora
Tag Archives: Aporia
President Barack Obama began the final year of his presidency with a speech on gun control. In it, he discussed a number of measures that he proposes to take by Executive Order to reduce gun violence in the United States. It … Continue reading
This post is part of a series on rhetoric and rhetorical devices. For other posts in the series, please click this link. Device: Aporia Origin: From the Greek ἄπορος (aporos), meaning “impassable”. In plain English: An expression of uncertainty or doubt. … Continue reading