- 3,392,200 including you!
What are you looking for?
Don't miss a single post!
My TEDx Talk
Public Speaking Checklist
What people are reading
- The Gettysburg Address: An Analysis
- Five Characteristics You Need to Succeed as a Public Speaker
- Analysis of a speech by Oprah Winfrey
- Go to Black
- Rhetorical Devices: Tricolon
- PowerPoint Math: The 1-6-6 Rule
- Rhetorical Devices: Anaphora
- Rhetorical Devices: Hypophora
- Podium vs. Lectern
- Speeches from Film: The Pursuit of Happyness
Tag Archives: Brent Kerrigan
“The cold truth is that audiences remember little about any speech. We may believe they have an infinite ability to remember our funding analysis and statistics, but they will remember one or two points, at best. We must therefore present … Continue reading
Here is a little gem of advice from writer Gary Provost. (The highlighting is mine.) Vary Sentence Length This sentence has five words. Here are five more words. Five-word sentences are fine. But several together become monotonous. Listen to what is happening. … Continue reading