- 3,386,699 including you!
What are you looking for?
Don't miss a single post!
My TEDx Talk
Public Speaking Checklist
What people are reading
- The Gettysburg Address: An Analysis
- Five Characteristics You Need to Succeed as a Public Speaker
- Analysis of a speech by Oprah Winfrey
- Go to Black
- Rhetorical Devices: Tricolon
- PowerPoint Math: The 1-6-6 Rule
- Speeches from Film: The Pursuit of Happyness
- Podium vs. Lectern
- Rhetorical Devices: Hypophora
- Stan Grant's Speech on Racism in Australia
Tag Archives: Dealing with nerves
“The way you overcome shyness is to become so wrapped up in something that you forget to be afraid.” — Lady Bird Johnson
Giving a speech or presentation can be stressful. Even seasoned public speakers get butterflies in their stomachs prior to stepping on stage. Most people deal with the pressure by trying to calm down. They sit quietly, take deep breaths and tell themselves, silently or aloud, … Continue reading