- 3,384,718 including you!
What are you looking for?
Don't miss a single post!
My TEDx Talk
Public Speaking Checklist
What people are reading
- The Gettysburg Address: An Analysis
- Five Characteristics You Need to Succeed as a Public Speaker
- PowerPoint Math: The 1-6-6 Rule
- Analysis of a speech by Oprah Winfrey
- Podium vs. Lectern
- Go to Black
- Speeches from Film: The Pursuit of Happyness
- Rhetorical Devices: Hypophora
- Rhetorical Devices: Tricolon
- Rhetorical Devices: Anaphora
Tag Archives: impromptu speaking
“I am the most spontaneous speaker in the world because every word, every gesture and every retort has been carefully rehearsed.” — George Bernard Shaw
As the 2012 Republican and Democratic National Conventions fade into memory, I was fortunate enough to come across an excellent piece of work in The Atlantic Wire by freelance writer Dashiell Bennett that I had to share. For me, the rhetorical … Continue reading
“It usually takes me more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.” – Mark Twain