- 3,436,429 including you!
What are you looking for?
Don't miss a single post!
My TEDx Talk
Public Speaking Checklist
What people are reading
- The Gettysburg Address: An Analysis
- Five Characteristics You Need to Succeed as a Public Speaker
- Speeches from Film: The Pursuit of Happyness
- Ten Tips for Using Props in a Presentation
- How Do Props Help a Presentation?
- Rhetorical Devices: Anaphora
- PowerPoint Math: The 1-6-6 Rule
- Analysis of a speech by Oprah Winfrey
- Rhetorical Devices: Tricolon
- Go to Black
Tag Archives: I have a dream
On 28 August 1963, on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C., Martin Luther King, Jr. delivered one of the most famous speeches in history, I Have a Dream. I write this post on the 53rd anniversary of that … Continue reading
Recently, I wrote a post entitled Basic Speech Geometry. Today we return to the mathematics of points and lines and curves and surfaces. An asymptote is a straight line that a curve approaches but never touches. It comes from the … Continue reading
Analysis of Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech. Continue reading
That’s because I’m asleep! Nothing terribly insightful today. Just a lighthearted reminder of the importance of keeping our audiences engaged. And awake. Two clips below. The last one is priceless! Bill Clinton during a Martin Luther King Day Speech And my favourite … Continue reading