- 3,392,623 including you!
What are you looking for?
Don't miss a single post!
My TEDx Talk
Public Speaking Checklist
What people are reading
- The Gettysburg Address: An Analysis
- Five Characteristics You Need to Succeed as a Public Speaker
- Analysis of a speech by Oprah Winfrey
- Go to Black
- PowerPoint Math: The 1-6-6 Rule
- Rhetorical Devices: Tricolon
- Rhetorical Devices: Hypophora
- Rhetorical Devices: Anaphora
- Podium vs. Lectern
- Stan Grant's Speech on Racism in Australia
Tag Archives: voice
Adobe Spark is a suite of applications designed by Adobe System to help people create and share stories with graphics and videos. The team at Adobe Spark recently reached out to me to share a blog post that they had … Continue reading
“[I]t is not enough to know what we ought to say; we must also say it as we ought … It is, essentially, a matter of the right management of the voice to express the various emotions—of speaking loudly, softly, or between … Continue reading
1. Prepare thoroughly. Santa spends most of the year getting ready for his one big night. When he takes off in his sleigh, there’s no turning back. Similarly, when you step on that stage, be sure that you know … Continue reading
“Just as the orator marks his good things by a dramatic pause, or by raising or lowering his voice, or by gesture, so the writer marks his epigrams with italics, setting the little gem, so to speak, like a jeweller.” … Continue reading