- 3,386,699 including you!
What are you looking for?
Don't miss a single post!
My TEDx Talk
Public Speaking Checklist
What people are reading
- The Gettysburg Address: An Analysis
- Five Characteristics You Need to Succeed as a Public Speaker
- Analysis of a speech by Oprah Winfrey
- Go to Black
- Rhetorical Devices: Tricolon
- PowerPoint Math: The 1-6-6 Rule
- Speeches from Film: The Pursuit of Happyness
- Podium vs. Lectern
- Rhetorical Devices: Hypophora
- Stan Grant's Speech on Racism in Australia
Tag Archives: hands
I do not consider myself to be a Trekkie, but I was a big fan of Star Trek: The Next Generation. It was the second Star Trek series and the only one that I watched from beginning to end. The … Continue reading
“All you need is something to say and a burning desire to say it. It doesn’t matter where your hands are.” — Lou Holtz
Effective speakers understand the power of gestures. Good gestures can add emphasis to an important point. They can be used to help explain a complicated concept. They can turn a speech into drama. As I have said previously, we should not … Continue reading