- 3,384,961 including you!
What are you looking for?
Don't miss a single post!
My TEDx Talk
Public Speaking Checklist
What people are reading
- The Gettysburg Address: An Analysis
- Five Characteristics You Need to Succeed as a Public Speaker
- PowerPoint Math: The 1-6-6 Rule
- Analysis of a speech by Oprah Winfrey
- Go to Black
- Podium vs. Lectern
- Speeches from Film: The Pursuit of Happyness
- Rhetorical Devices: Hypophora
- Rhetorical Devices: Tricolon
- Rhetorical Devices: Anaphora
Tag Archives: lectern
When it comes to giving fashion advice, I am on thin ice. When it comes to giving fashion advice to women, I have fallen through the ice and am flailing about waiting to be rescued. But on one point, I … Continue reading
No, today’s post is not about a new sci-fi movie. Rather, it’s about the distinction between two mainstays of public speaking: the podium and the lectern. A podium (pl. podiums or podia) is the raised platform on which the speaker stands … Continue reading
A while back, I wrote a post about why speakers should stay on time when giving a speech or presentation, and how failing to do so is a sign of disrespect. I encouraged speakers to finish on time or, if … Continue reading
I have a number of friends from Australia (or “Oz” or “the Wonder Down Under” as the Aussies call it). I have also had the good fortune to visit that great country. If you know any Australians or have heard … Continue reading