- 3,386,174 including you!
What are you looking for?
Don't miss a single post!
My TEDx Talk
Public Speaking Checklist
What people are reading
- The Gettysburg Address: An Analysis
- Five Characteristics You Need to Succeed as a Public Speaker
- Go to Black
- Rhetorical Devices: Tricolon
- Analysis of a speech by Oprah Winfrey
- Podium vs. Lectern
- PowerPoint Math: The 1-6-6 Rule
- Rhetorical Devices: Hypophora
- Speeches from Film: The Pursuit of Happyness
- Rhetorical Devices: Anaphora
Tag Archives: Quotation
“The effectiveness of rhetorical questions in argument comes from their dramatic quality. They suggest dialogue, especially when the speaker both asks and answers them himself, as if he were playing two parts on the stage. They are not always impassioned; … Continue reading
“[S]tories are told and retold because they contain wisdom. Stories are effective teaching tools. … Stories illustrate causal relationships that people hadn’t recognized before and highlight unexpected, resourceful ways in which people have solved problems. … “The story’s power is … Continue reading